MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 1:53 pm

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

MGZT

Meet Raven

Unread postby xanadu » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:41 pm

My new WIP.

She is a Diesel with 158000 miles on the clock, but goes like a dream.

Purchased so I could use her with the caravan, Sabrina could not legally tow it.

Expect lots of questions as I try my hand at butchering lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xanadu
Moderator / News Letter Editor

Unread postby COLVERT » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Couldn't you just give it a cuddle instead of butchering it ???---- :roll:
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby xanadu » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:12 pm

I tried, my arms aren't big enough
xanadu

Unread postby xanadu » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:36 pm

This week has been an expensive one, but not as expensive as it could have been

Based on the last MOT and driving/comments from other MG drivers I established there is some work to be done

Rear Springs looked wonky/very low
Offside brake pipe corroded (MOT advisory)
Brakes felt a little iffy so guessed they needed new pads.

with that in mind I contacted a few garages locally to get some pricing. M+G garages were quick to respond and prices seemed reasonable so I went down with Raven to see them before booking in

First of all they looked at the springs for me and advised they are in great condition so no need to change them.

So with that in mind I booked her in for pads and pipe, when she was on the ramp it turned out both pipes were corroded so they both needed replacing. Then my pads were fine but the discs are pitted, the garage reckons I have about a month with them. Told them I could not afford to do the discs and pads (£170) today but I would get both pipes done.

I then questioned whether if I purchased discs and pads whether they would fit them, the answer yes, for a total of £65.

Next up ebay and a disc and pad set purchased for £44. Will be booking her in on payday so she is ready for POL.

I have also purchased various items to fit on the car defelctors etc

all in all not the cheapest week. the 2 pipes cost me £117 fitted, not sure if that was good or bad
xanadu

Unread postby COLVERT » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:39 pm

The two pipes for £117 was reasonable as they would have had to bleed the system.

If you had the tools, the discs and pads are very easy to fit. If not then the garage is best.-- :-D
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT
Moderator / Tech Adviser

Unread postby xanadu » Wed May 09, 2018 8:40 pm

Well for those not on the old book of face, I am now without an mg. I fell out of love with raven after it was one thing after another and I was not happy spending money with the enjoyment.

The end of an era or just a break, I don't know at the moment
xanadu

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Thu May 10, 2018 10:09 am

just a break mate, you will see a little gem ofor sale and get it as a project like i have with the ZR, still have the 75 tho lol
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Thu May 10, 2018 10:09 am

just a break mate, you will see a little gem for sale and get it as a project like i have with the ZR, still have the 75 tho lol
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby xanadu » Fri May 11, 2018 3:29 pm

i'm still on all the groups lol, haven't left them yet
xanadu

Return to MGZT