MG Rover Owners Club (MGROC)

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:49 pm

Welcome Anonymous !

We cover all MG & Rover cars, We are the MG Owners Club & Rover Owners club, combined in one, from Rover 75 to MGZT, from Rover 800 to MGB, we are here for all your MG Rover MGR cars

TOAF Forum

TOAF Rover 75 & MG ZT Diag & Config software

In light of this program coming out, i thought it would be great to have a place dedicated to Toaf Q&A

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sat May 14, 2016 7:04 pm

I have been reading up about this software that seems to be the hot topic else where,
I have bought the lead needed to try it out, apparently it can do more than the T4 system,
Before i go any further, any work or changes you make to your car using this software etc is entirely at your own risk, i or the club will not be help liable for any mishaps, errors or screwups that may happen, proceed with this software carefully.

Once you have the lead, you need to open the odb connector and solder a bridge between pins 7 & 8 other wise the lead wont work with toaf
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Borg Warner » Sun May 15, 2016 6:00 am

Been reading it as well Mick. It seems it can wreck your car, especially if you don't know what you are doing. Bit like anything else actually!!!

Think the guys have generally done a good job with it though to be honest, must be quite intelligent chaps. I'm not too interested in getting one at the moment as I have an MG garage near to me, but for folks who are not quite so fortunate I think this is a Godsend for them.

From what I've heard, make a back-up before you go too far, of the cars ECU so that if things do go pear shaped, you can get it back safely. Shouldn't be problem for you with your background though.

Will watch with interest.

Gary M.
MG Stands for its self and not Morris Garages. As CK said "...there was already one Morris Garages, how could there be two?"
Borg Warner

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun May 15, 2016 2:26 pm

I have sent mal a link for it also, this is more his territory, but am looking into two things, key coding and speed locking, I like this feature due to the work wifey does, victor does not have this enabled, but yes, make a complete back up or the ecu settings, I may ask my mate if I can practice on one of the cars in his scrap yard so if I screw up, then it didn't matter
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Mal7921 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:56 pm

It all looks pretty interesting, what I'd suggest is getting default settings for as many different models so that if someone does screw something up and not take a backup, the club has a central repository that can get members back up and running.

I'm certainly interested in looking at the default settings on mine and seeing what can be tweaked.
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sun May 15, 2016 9:26 pm

That's a good idea mal
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Mal7921 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:27 pm

Thank you, I allegedly have them occasionally
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon May 16, 2016 8:49 am

The designers of this program have been pushing this on the MGZT Rover 75 OC, how ever as it competes with t4 it looks like they are more frightened of losing revenue than helping the members, I have contacted the designers of the program to offer our help with this program, if we can provide the forum with out restrictions then great, just waiting to hear back from the designers
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Mal7921 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:06 pm

The T4 is great, but will not last forever. Better to embrace the newer replacement in time for the inevitable day when the T4 systems meet their digital makers. There is room for both and cutting off something like this could stifle development, which will affect all Rover 75/ZT users in the years to come.

If they want to push the product here, I'm all for it, It benefits us all in the long run
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby ceedy » Mon May 16, 2016 2:36 pm

I've been fiddling with this for a couple weeks ,, using a 4.99 VAG KKL lead .
Tried and talking to the Dizzle and even the 260 , will try on the 1.8T, but it supposed to not
talk to certain setups ?

But you can Swap/update BCU's to later ones with Boot pop , change a lot of options and to some extent add SH keys ( PCB) to your car. ( transponders not included ) :lol: LOL..

And Not Bricked anything yet!! ( will I regret this last bit .) ;-)

C.
ceedy
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby longer86 » Mon May 16, 2016 5:57 pm

Hello guys, if somebody read 75&zt forum you should know me, I am also at mg-rover.org and at forum.roverki.pl where everything began.

I am not a developer of TOAF software but I tested it sometimes, toaf look is done by me, and I decided to help Marcin.Misek (developer) to share this soft worldwide. There are also few other guys like Marek, prebenny who helping with this.

Somebody invited me to register here, so I am.

Sorry for my English but now is a lot better than few months ago.

As you already know I was banned from 75&ZT :D their lost :D

So if anybody have question about toaf, I will try to help and resolve any contributions.
So lets start
longer86
MGR Club Noob

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon May 16, 2016 7:26 pm

hi mate, welcome to the club, , i have been reading with interest the developments on this software, i am not surprised you have been banned cos its what they do over there, weather it permanent or temporary, the MGZT Rover 75 OC seems to only care about the money they may lose, any way, thats another can of worms (Punch) (Punch) , I did message you on facebook and through the Toaf site, we are here to help members keep the cars on the road, T4 is great but it very few and very far between, and this software could be the answer to this issue.
how can we help with this project, you are most welcome here
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby longer86 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:09 pm

Marcin still trying to do toaf better and better, more users, more bugs he can fix.

For People who Reading this site using toaf and found abu bugs, please register At bugtoaf.roverki.eu and please report Then to us.

For us nearly connected with toaf developer this software is easy to use, but we know that there could be so mamy questions.. Fell free to ask.
longer86
MGR Club Noob

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Mon May 16, 2016 8:29 pm

TOAF is new to this club, so it would be helpful if you could post which lead is best, i also am aware that the lead needs a little modification, is that right
what can be done with toaf that people can download straight from the site
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby longer86 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:46 am

Lead compatible with ds2 protocol, search bmw inpa ediabas Interface, or more common vag kkl cable, probably both of them need to be opened and pins 7-8 should be connected together.

When you have lead, then instal ftdi drivers, toaf is working at XP, vista, 7, 10 , probably other windows OS too, but we haven't PC with other OS.
Toaf haven't got such a big requirements as a T4 so probably works also at win95 :D

What to do:
Read and clear errors in each module.

There is a little problems with some of SRS modules produced by autolive.

Most of modules have live data section
(to add live data parameters click right mouse button in left window, choose add, and select what parameters you want. Then you can set name to this group in a upper table.
Then click created group and start.., now in right window you can see results. You can click stop, and then save log file)

You can also configure each module same as t4 and few added functions, like DRL - daylight running lights, which starts automatically and light 30% of mainbeam lights.
Same as in BMW. Function adapted to rover light module by harryvip and Marek, users of roverki.pl ;)
longer86
MGR Club Noob

Unread postby ceedy » Tue May 17, 2016 9:33 am

Is there any chance of an Option to change the display resolution.... I have a nice old pansonic Tough book laptop
but it can only do 800 x 600 screen resolution due to the Intel GFX chipset

would be just the thing to run TOAF on...

ta

Chris
ceedy
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby longer86 » Tue May 17, 2016 9:45 am

I will speak with Marcin about that
longer86
MGR Club Noob

Unread postby longer86 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:18 am

longer86 wrote:I will speak with Marcin about that

For now he fixing lasts issues and 44 ver will be available.

Then he would go to C++ and this give him more to do, also with window resize
longer86
MGR Club Noob

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Tue May 17, 2016 3:10 pm

been mooching around the software now its connected to victor, i have only browsed atm, but its looking like a great piece of software, tread slowly and learn about it first before making any changes, i have backed up my bcu tho, that went well (mgrclub)
i think if the people involved wish, i can make a dedicated area for TOAF

(mgrclub)
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby longer86 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Maybe we will stick At this one thread for now if will be any other question I will try to answer,
longer86
MGR Club Noob

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Tue May 17, 2016 9:14 pm

so how would i enable speed locking, also can i enable windows to open with the remote keys
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Mal7921 » Wed May 18, 2016 8:19 am

Baconbuttyman wrote:so how would i enable speed locking, also can i enable windows to open with the remote keys

Personally I'd be more interested in the windows shutting when the car is locked, but then again I'd be interested in adding anything of benefit that does not involve direct modification like adding new ECU's at the minute.

Will have to download the software and have a play around once I get the car back
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Wed May 18, 2016 9:19 am

Mal7921 wrote:
Baconbuttyman wrote:so how would i enable speed locking, also can i enable windows to open with the remote keys

Personally I'd be more interested in the windows shutting when the car is locked, but then again I'd be interested in adding anything of benefit that does not involve direct modification like adding new ECU's at the minute.

Will have to download the software and have a play around once I get the car back

that too lol
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Wed May 18, 2016 8:58 pm

i have now been playing with the sorftware for a day or so, what i have noticed is that a few of the options are mixed up, so tread carefully people,

the BCU section is what will interest most of us, this is where you unlock the likes of key window opening/closing etc

here are are some screen sots of the BCU options, tbh some of these could do with explanations as to what they are as i dont have a clue....yet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Mal7921 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:40 pm

Just installed it on the Windows 10 partition, but without a connection to a car it does not do much.

Well, nothing actually except display buttons and license info...

:(
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Thu May 19, 2016 8:12 am

My lead came within a couple of days, you de need to open the lead up and solder pin 7 & 8 together tho
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby longer86 » Sat May 21, 2016 9:27 am

Mal7921 wrote:Just installed it on the Windows 10 partition, but without a connection to a car it does not do much.

Well, nothing actually except display buttons and license info...

:(

My Friend have tablet with win 10, toaf works on it,

I personally uised this laptop to code lights washer jets and BBUS to another friend
longer86
MGR Club Noob

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sat May 21, 2016 9:40 am

How did you connect the lead, did tablet have usb port or did you use a micro to usb adaptor
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby Kwippy1878 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:01 pm

Can someone tell me if toaf is still being developed or have they been banned by so many ppl and groups that they have given up . I am interested in the full version that allows you access to your ecu for chipping and tuning . If you look on their website there are images of this capability. I have sent a message via Facebook and website, to no avail.
Kwippy1878

Unread postby baconbuttyman » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:39 pm

we offered them a home here as we know the importance of such a program, afaik its still being developed and supported
baconbuttyman
Club Owner/Admin

Unread postby brianw119 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:35 am

I tried TOAF ony ZT a few weeks ago. It looks promising. Thank you Baconbuttyman for offering TOAF a home on this site.
brianw119
MGR Club Noob

Unread postby COLVERT » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:50 am

Kwippy1878 wrote:Can someone tell me if toaf is still being developed or have they been banned by so many ppl and groups that they have given up . I am interested in the full version that allows you access to your ecu for chipping and tuning . If you look on their website there are images of this capability. I have sent a message via Facebook and website, to no avail.

Have you had any luck with TOAF since you posted about your search ???
Live long and prosper.

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues ( Tact. ) will always win the war.
COLVERT

Unread postby mrbiw » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi, \quick question. I am trying to use TOAF ( first time user) on my HP Notebook. It appears to have installed correctly but in use I can't see the lower section of the main page. It appears to be because of the notebook small screen or resolution, My question is, can I adjust the size of the TOAF homepage?

Many thanks
mrbiw
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby ceedy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:06 am

Already asked that as have the same problem , I was told screen res is going to be changable .... but when pass..
ceedy
MGR Club Regular

Unread postby Mal7921 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:09 pm

I had this on a netbook I used to use, a workaround is to use CTRL and the cursor keys to rotate the screen to access the lower area for connection, then rotate back to use the different functions and see the results
MG TF135
Rover 75 2.0 CDT Club
Mal7921
MGR Club Admin

Return to TOAF Forum